Air Import Specialist: Provide exemplary customer service through the coordination of air imports.
- Coordinate the importation of freight on behalf of our customers who choose to import goods via air transport.
- Ensure all landed freight has been assigned for delivery and/or has been delivered.
- Receive incoming shipments’ documentation, enter applicable data into freight forwarding program (CargoWise) and create a billing file for each shipment.
- Process high volumes of time sensitive, deadline-driven shipments in order to meet customer constraints and demands.
- Finalize the previous week’s files, ensure each file has required documentation, then pass on to the billing department.
Skills and Experience
- Provide information to customers and internal clients as needed.
- Update any assigned customers’ specialized databases.
- Answer incoming inquiries from customer base regarding a current, future or previous shipment.
- Investigate missing or damaged freight issues, resolve problems with customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- In depth knowledge of import or export procedures is required.
- Ability to be profit conscious.
- Ability to work with demanding deadlines and difficult customers.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Solid knowledge of domestic and international geography, including ports, countries and major cities and the ability to calculate foreign currencies.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize duties and accomplish multiple tasks.
- Must have the ability to efficiently solve problems thoroughly and accurately.
- Detail oriented; works effectively via phone, fax and email.
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in Excel, Outlook and IE; knowledge of CargoWise is a definite plus.
Team members at O.T.S. enjoy an excellent work environment, competitive salaries, generous time off benefits, 401k with company match, company subsidized health, dental and vision insurance, company provided life insurance, and supplemental life, long and short-term disability insurance.
O.T.S. Astracon, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.
Submit resumes online to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.