Ocean Import Specialist: Provide exemplary customer service through the coordination of ocean exports.
- Coordinate the export of freight on behalf of our customers who choose to export goods via ocean transport.
- Track customer freight and update customers accordingly; this may require some work at off-hours times.
- Ensure all freight has been assigned for pickup and departure.
- Receive shipments’ documentation, enter applicable data into freight forwarding program (CargoWise) and create a billing file for each shipment.
- Process high volumes of time sensitive, deadline-driven shipments in order to meet customer constraints and demands.
- Process quotes and rates from all sources in order to prepare accurate and profitable billing to clients.
- Finalize the previous week’s files, ensure each file has required documentation, then pass on to the billing department.
Skills and Experience
- Provide information to customers and internal clients as needed.
- Update any assigned customers’ specialized databases.
- Investigate missing or damaged freight issues, resolve problems caused with customers.
- Adhere to and ensure all TSA, HAZMAT, CTPAT, and other industry security protocols are met.
- Collect and apply all customer specific shipment references to note on documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- In depth knowledge of import or export procedures is required.
- Ability to be profit conscious.
- Ability to work with demanding deadlines and difficult customers.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Solid knowledge of domestic and international geography, including ports, countries and major cities, and the ability to calculate foreign currencies.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize duties and accomplish multiple tasks.
- Must have the ability to efficiently solve problems thoroughly and accurately.
- Detail oriented; works effectively via phone, fax and email.
- Strong PC skills with proficiency in Excel, Outlook and IE; knowledge of CargoWise is a definite plus.
Team members at O.T.S. enjoy an excellent work environment, competitive salaries, generous time off benefits, 401k with company match, company subsidized health, dental and vision insurance, company provided life insurance, and supplemental life, long and short-term disability insurance.
O.T.S. Astracon, LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.
Submit resumes online to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.